Subject teachers will purchase and deploy a range of subject specific apps for students. Generic apps include:
- Safari: for research, translating, and access to homework on Frog
- Camera & Photos: for still image and video capture to include in work, share with the teacher and the rest of the class
- Word: for word processing work
- Excel: for creating spreadsheets
- Powerpoint: for creating presentations
- Dynamic Reader: for accessing eTextbooks and eMagazines
- Foldr: for accessing documents on the school network
- Google Earth and Google Maps: for Geography
- dvPrompter: for creating visual prompts for news reports etc.
- Learning Tools: for show and tell mini-whiteboard class activities
- Popplet Lite: for mind-mapping
- QR Reader: for quick links to apps and resources
- Showbie: for handing in work, receiving written and oral feedback
- Socrative Student: for quick competitive quizzes in lessons
Paid Apps which are Free to Students
- Book Creator: for students to make their own text books to explain their learning
- Explain Everything: for creating animations, e.g. explaining a method in maths or science
- iMovie: for creating videos, e.g. enacting plays in English, news reports in Geography etc.
- Notes HD: for advanced note taking and word processing
How to Get the Paid Apps
You will receive the paid apps for free if you have a device on the school scheme. If you are bringing in your own device you will need to contact or visit IT Services.