Subject teachers will purchase and deploy a range of subject specific apps for students. Generic apps include:
- Safari: for research, translating, and access to homework on Frog
- Camera & Photos: for still image and video capture to include in work, share with the teacher and the rest of the class
- Word: for word processing work
- Excel: for creating spreadsheets
- Powerpoint: for creating presentations
- Dynamic Reader: for accessing eTextbooks and eMagazines
- Foldr: for accessing documents on the school network
- Google Earth and Google Maps: for Geography
- dvPrompter: for creating visual prompts for news reports etc.
- Learning Tools: for show and tell mini-whiteboard class activities
- Popplet Lite: for mind-mapping
- QR Reader: for quick links to apps and resources
- Showbie: for handing in work, receiving written and oral feedback
- Socrative Student: for quick competitive quizzes in lessons
Paid Apps which are Free to Students
- Book Creator: for students to make their own text books to explain their learning
- Explain Everything: for creating animations, e.g. explaining a method in maths or science
- iMovie: for creating videos, e.g. enacting plays in English, news reports in Geography etc.
- Notes HD: for advanced note taking and word processing
How to Get the Paid Apps
If you haven’t already received an automated email from Cisco Meraki entitled “Invitation to receive Apple licenses from Bournside School”, please contact email@example.com to request this.
When you receive the email, click on the invitation link as instructed. Once you have accepted the invitation, licenses will be allocated to you and the paid apps will appear in the purchased section of your App Store account, ready for you to download.
Students who have alternative devices will be encouraged to source alternative applications for the same purpose.
In the future we hope to use RFID and iBeacons to push relevant content to students as they enter various learning zones in school.
Students who have alternative devices will be encouraged to source alternative applications for the same purpose at your discretion.