We offer a structured programme of school experience for up to a week for those enrolled on a PGCE course who are able to supply a letter from their university stating DBS and Safeguarding checks have been carried out successfully, this experience takes place during September. For specific dates and to request ‘School Experience’ please download the ‘School Experience Form’ and ask your university to complete the DBS/Safeguarding Confirmation Letter before returning it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Gaining School Experience
You will be provided with a timetable to cover a range of experience including…
- You will be provided with a timetable for the week to include the following opportunities:
- Meet the Headteacher.
- Observe professional practice within your subject specialism at Key Stage 3 and 4.
- Liaise with subject teachers to deliver small group activities where appropriate.
- Liaise with teachers to work with students who require learning support.
- Experience working with students who require additional teaching support in Literacy and Mathematics.
- Encouraged to participate in extra-curricular activities where appropriate.
- Attachment to a tutor group.
Unfortunately we are unable to accommodate requests from those who do not have DBS and Safeguarding clearance, however the Cotswold Edge Teaching alliance (CETA) host a range of experience opportunities throughout the year across schools within the alliance. Please visit their website www.ceta.school for further information.