Outcome of admissions consultation and determined admission arrangements for 2018/19.
Cheltenham Bournside School and Sixth Form Centre decided to consult on a proposed change of admission arrangements for the 2018/19 academic year.
Consideration was given to extending the priority consideration area towards the east of the existing priority consideration area. In previous years children in this area seeking a school place had been unsuccessful in obtaining a place at their nearest school. They had neither obtained a place at Cheltenham Bournside School or Balcarras School, their two closest schools. As a result they have been allocated a place at a school across town with more inconvenient travel arrangements necessary.
In addition to extending the boundary of its PCA, Bournside School will increase its Pupil Admission Number (PAN) by 30 students, taking the PAN from 270 to 300 students for year 7 with effect from September 2018. This has already been agreed with the Local Authority. The proposed increase in PAN, will help more parents gain a place at this popular and successful school.
The consultation period has now ended and all consultation responses were carefully considered by the school governors. Upon consideration of such responses, which were almost entirely positive, the school governors have decided to go ahead with the proposed arrangements. Please see the PDF documents below to view the determined priority consideration area map and determined admissions policy for 2018/19.
Download our prospectus
The pages of our website are available as a downloadable PDF document:
Year 7 Applications – September intake
All applications for places at the Academy outside of the normal admissions round should be made directly to the Academy. Applicants should fill in the In-Year Application form which is available from the Gloucestershire County Council website or can be downloaded below:
Please return the completed application form, proof of address and proof of student’s date of birth documentation to:
Cheltenham Bournside School
Warden Hill Road
or by email to email@example.com
Documents required to prove your address
The following documents will be required to prove your address. Please provide 1 document from group 1 and 1 document from group 2 or 3 documents from group 2. (Please note: Original copies of documents cannot be accepted, and we ask that copies are handed in with applications.)
- Proof of completion of house purchase showing your name and the full address of the property.
- Legal rental document showing your name and the full address and dated for no less than one year with at least 6 months remaining after the application date.
- Solicitor’s letter confirming recent house purchase or land registry (in this case, proof of the sale or rental of your previous address will also be required).
- Current, valid full UK photo-card driving licence with signature or ‘old style’ driving licence. (Provisional licences are not acceptable as proof of address).
- UK firearms licence.
- Bank, building society statement (not credit card). It must be no more than three months old and show your name and current address.
- Dated Mortgage statement showing your name and current address.
- Financial statement eg. Pension, endowment, ISA (UK)
- Household utility bill (eg. gas, electric, water or fixed line telephone but not a mobile phone bill). It must be no more than three months old and show your name and current address.
- Original notification letter from the relevant benefits agency confirming the right to benefits or state pension showing your name and current address.
- TV licence
- Current council tax bill
School tours for interested In-year applicants are available on first Tuesday of the month at 9:30am, subject to availability. The duration of the tour will be approximately twenty minutes. Please request a school tour by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org, please detail your child’s name and date of birth.
Sixth Form Applications
For information about Sixth Form admissions and to download an application form, please visit the Sixth Form page of this website.